Notice of Illinois APCO Chapter Officer Elections
Notice of Illinois APCO Chapter Officer Election 2021
Notice is hereby given that the Illinois Chapter of APCO International will hold its annual election for the following positions.
Secretary - (2022-2023 term)
Treasurer - (2022-2023 term)
Directors - 2 positions (2022-2023 term)
Chapter resumes must be submitted by October 16th, 2021
Candidates will be announced at the October General Business Meeting. Nominations from the floor will not be accepted.
Electronic voting begins Monday, November 15th, 2021 and ends on, December 8th, 2021 at 1700 hours
Chapter meeting: Thursday, December 9th, 2021 @ 11:00 hours
Announcement of election results
Completed resume forms must be sent prior to October 15th, 2021:
Member qualifications for Illinois APCO Executive Board positions are as follows as defined in the Chapters Bylaws:
Please note: As per newly passed ByLaw modifications at the National level ALL candidates for the position of Secretary and Treasurer must be Full Members (voting).
Section 6.6 Qualifications
Candidates for the Executive Committee (President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, International Executive Council Representative) shall meet or exceed the minimum qualifications listed below:
- (a) Has been an IL APCO member in good standing for a minimum of two years serving in a non-commercial capacity as set forth in the Membership Policy;
- (b) Be a lawfully permanent resident of the United States;
- (c) Shall be an active participant in IL APCO;
- (d) Candidates for the Office of President, First Vice-President, and International Executive Council Representative shall be elected by the voting-eligible membership of the Chapter and must have served a minimum of four years of the last ten years on the Board of Officers;
- (e) The Second Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary, elected by the voting-eligible Illinois Chapter of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials Bylaws approved on September 3rd, 2020 Page 7 of 10 membership of the Chapter;
- (f) In the absence of candidates under this section, the Executive Board will declare an open election for office vacancies. The requirements in Section 6.6 (a), (c), and (d) will be waived and the candidates will only need to be a voting-eligible member at the time of the election. Section 6.7 Meetings and Voting. The Executive Committee shall meet and conduct the business
Qualifications for Director are defined in Bylaw Section 5.1 Subsection 1
Qualifications for Director:
- Be a voting-eligible Member in good standing serving in a noncommercial capacity as set forth in the Membership Policy;
- Be a lawful permanent resident of the United States;
- Have attended a minimum of two of the last three annual meetings;
- Other criteria as established by policy.